So about a month ago, it was my turn to host my book club meeting at my place. The last time I hosted my book club meeting was the first meeting after I officially started the book club so it was pretty vital I pull out all the stops. My book club (aptly named “Color of Words” book club) is always a good time and safe space where we not only talk about the book but end up just talking about life and what’s going on with everyone. In addition to this spinach artichoke dip, I also made a summer cheese board which was also a hit. Those two staples, coupled with a few good bottles of wine and trust me when I say it was a great book club meeting.
Anyways, moving on to this amazing dip. As always, you know I am a fan of something that is quick and easy but also makes it seem that a bit of work was put in, and this dish did just that. I am a huge fan of artichokes and I’ve tried testing this recipe a few times until I was able to actually say I had something that I was proud of. I got great feedback from the bookclub on this one so it’s safe to say that it was a hit.
If you are looking for a quick appetizer to throw together for a group of people if you are entertaining, this is it! The cheesier the better. This is also great if you want to save a batch for later and heat it up and eat some with chips. I served this dish with tortilla chips and club crackers and it was so delicious. I hope you enjoy and much as my book club and I did.
- 1½ cup of coarsely chopped artichoke hearts
- 1½ cup of freshly chopped (and washed) spinach
- 1 cup of Philadelphia cream cheese (softened)
- 2 cups of of sour cream
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tablespoon of garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Stir all ingredients until completely combined.
- Transfer to oven-safe greased 8X8 casserole pan.
- Sprinkle extra cheese (parmesan and mozzarella) on top if desired.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, broil for the last 3-5 minutes to brown the top.