It’s that time of year again for me. Vacation is finally here. Although, the excitement levels have yet to peak, as life has been full speed ahead leading up to this. I probably won’t fully exhale until I hear the pilot say “We are cleared for take-off”. One thing that always makes my trips go smoothly, whether it’s a one-hour flight for a weekend trip, or a nine-hour flight for a two week vacation, is what’s in my beauty carry-on. Flights can throw us all off sometimes, but with your favorite beauty staples, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be prepared for whatever you encounter when you land. I wanted to share some things that are in my beauty carry-on which usually gets me through my travels.
- Ultra Repair Cream Cleanser and Intense Hydration Moisturizer – These are my old faithfuls when it comes to travel. This cleanser cleanses all the nasty stuff from my skin after a long day and the moisturizer nourishes my skin with intense moisture. My skin definitely has that “so fresh so clean” feeling when I use these. I am more prone to break-outs when I travel, so I make sure to use this duo twice a day.
- Vernon Francois Scalp Nourishment Braids and Loc Spray – This spray is a God send if you have locs or (braids in my case) and want to keep your scalp moisturized. I usually have braids when I travel and in between sweating and the random things in the air, coupled with temperature changes, my scalp can get pretty dry. This keeps my scalp moisturized and it smells so good!
- Sephora Pomegranate Eye Mask – These are perfect for when you have very long flights or overnight flights and need to hit the ground running when you land. These can be found at Sephora for $5, and the pomegranate one is for fatigue so it wakes your eyes up so you aren’t looking super tired and dragging. These are perfect for if you know you’ll be jet lagged and you don’t want “tired face” when you get off the plane.
- Yes to Coconut Hydrate and Restore Cleansing Wipes – I LOVE these wipes. They are great for removing makeup after a long day or if you have a vacation event where there was a lot of sweating (i.e. hiking the pyramids in Tulum, Mexico – seemed like a good idea). Wiping your face with these are the ultimate pick-me-up, and they’re infused with coconut water so my skin reacts great to them.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer – This is my favorite primer and I use it under my foundation every time I wear makeup for a smooth finish. Sometimes, I’ll wash, tone and moisturize and just apply a coat of this sans make-up for oil control. Usually if I’m getting off of a flight and don’t feel like putting on a full face of make-up, Ill apply this primer for a fresher looking face.
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater – Another God-send! I actually found out about this from my best friend and I finally purchased my own and tried it. Can we say refreshing?? I use it night and day after I wash and moisturize, I also use it to set my makeup or when I just need a quick pick me up. This spray smells like fresh roses and is so basically everything.
- Sephora Collection Big Volume Mascara – I love this mascara because it adds the needed “umph” you need to your face, without having to apply a full face of makeup. This with the primer above, and you’ll have a fresh effortless look straight off of the plane without looking like you tried too hard.
- Health Shield Essential Oil – I am a FAN of essential oils. I share my top 10 favorite essential oils here but my Health Shield Oil (equivalent to 4 Thieves Oil) is one one oil that I never travel without. It basically boosts my immune system so I am less prone to get sick when I travel. With the luck I have I am always next to Sally Sick-ass. I sniff some during flights, put some behind my ears and also take aromatherapy showers with this when I travel.
Traveling is how I relax. It is what seems right to me and what I love to do. Having these items in my beauty carry-on makes the process so much more enjoyable. What are some of your beauty carry-on staples? I’d love to hear! Safe travels on wherever your travels take you next!